THE ALV OUTPLACEMENT METHOD
A Human-Centered Career Transition Approach
You’ve made the difficult decision to let people go. There are many reasons why you need to but that doesn’t make it any easier. We are here to help you do the right thing by offering a powerful, proven process for cost-effective and compassionate outplacement.
What is Outplacement?
Outplacement is a severance benefit for employees who have been let go. It is an offer provided by most organizations to support the employee in transitioning out of the organization and into a new job. There are many benefits to providing outplacement services, such as:
- Doing the right thing by your employees
- Protecting your brand and reputation
- Minimizing liability and risk
Many traditional outplacement approaches are outdated and inconvenient. They involve in-person group coaching often with other former peers and those dealing with the many emotions job loss can bring. This environment and lack of personalization fails to address the most challenging aspect of landing a new job after losing one: the emotional toll it takes.
How is Ama La Vida different?
The ALV Outplacement Method is a proven human-centered approach to outplacement. As your trusted outplacement provider, it is our responsibility to protect your brand and reputation while providing the highest quality and tailored support your employees require. Together we work hand in hand with you to ensure we are integrating the right message and communicating your company values through the process.
Our proven career transition methodology ensures a painless exit out of the role and quick integration into a new role. Employees are partnered with certified coaches to increase self-awareness, gain confidence and approach the job market with the tools they need to succeed.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Download Our Guide To Providing Outplacement
THE BEST METHOD FOR CAREER TRANSITIONS
How The Program Works
We use a unique blend of online eCoaching and private one-on-one sessions. Through a 10-step program with a certified Ama La Vida coach, your employees will go through three phases of the program.
Step 1 – Uncover Your Hidden Self
Discover who you are, what you want, and what you need to live a fulfilled life. This spans one week as you truly get to know yourself.
Step 2 – Find Your Perfect Job
In the following week, find what type of careers will fit your values, complement your strengths and align with your ideal workplace culture.
Step 3 – Land Your Perfect Job
Over the final three weeks, implement specific steps such as resume enhancement, interviewing and negotiations to land that job!
Each participant receives:
- Ten (10) 1:1 coaching sessions with a career coach
- Increased self-awareness
- Identification of specific job roles in alignment of skills
- Professional resume re-rewrite
- Application tracking system process
- Networking and branding support
- Assistance leveraging LinkedIn
- Mock interview session
- Negotiation tactics
Why Ama La Vida?
- Our unique approach of eCoaching and one-on-one support ensure this process is extremely rigorous and systematized while also being personalized for the unique needs and challenges of the individual.
- Your employees can use this as an opportunity to find something they really love. Rather than just placing employees into another role without pausing to reflect, this coaching program will help your team take a step back and assess what they want next for their lives and careers. This will help them view this time as a blessing in disguise and think more favorably of you as their employer.
- Employees receive step-by-step coaching for each component of the complex job search process (e.g., resume, interviewing) from one of our career experts. There is no sense setting someone up with an interview if they aren’t prepared to nail it!
- Through our years of experience coaching people through career transitions, we have found that the number one factor which causes a job search to drag on is the emotional state of the job seeker. Applying for jobs is a draining process for anyone, and this is exacerbated when that person is still suffering the loss of their last position. Our certified team is well-equipped to support our clients with both the tactical and emotional components of this process.
- The ALV Outplacement Method can all be done virtually. Employees don’t have to worry about childcare or feel defeated by being in a group class of others dealing with this same challenge but can conduct their coaching from the comfort of their homes and receive personalized support.
- We capture valuable data about your employees and their needs which we report back to you along with tracking on time to land new positions.
Download Our Guide To Providing Outplacement
They said it, not us…
I truly can’t explain what an amazing job Ama La Vida have done with this e-Coaching program. It is nothing short of excellence. This course has helped in more ways than I could have imagined. It helped surface my true passion and refine my values and career aspirations, while giving me the confidence and support to make a meaningful change. Previously I had felt that it was too late to make a change, but the program made me realize that it isn’t too late and empowered me to get out there and go for it!
The e-Coaching course was very supportive, informative and helpful during my career transition. Personally I was looking to make a change but wasn’t sure which direction to head. I discovered that the exercises in the program were like someone handing me the keys to my own future. Ultimately it was up to me to decide what I wanted to do and how to get there, but the various questions, scenarios and quotes encouraged me to think and research in a different manner. The warm and approachable manner also helped as it felt like there was a coach right there, guiding me every step of the way.
The Purpose program helped me establish my top five passions, gifts, and values and has allowed me to assess not only the passions that get me out of bed every morning, but also what skills allow me to offer my absolute best self to the world. I am a firm believer that a society where everyone does what they love is the most successful society, and Ama La Vida’s tools further that goal, one individual at a time.
It could not have been a better time in my life to have met Nicole, and have her explain the power that Ama La Vida has on people. She wasn’t lying!! I’ve seen a significant change in myself since the day I signed up for the program. I’ve been working in the corporate world for almost 5 years now, and it’s so refreshing to stop and really take time to reflect on who you are as a person, and understand what your purpose is (gifts, values, passions). AH! I could go on and on – you must try it for yourself! I was fortunate enough to have a coaching session with Katie, and she is absolutely amazing. She truly has a gift with her ability to inspire and motivate you. After having a video conference with Katie I instantly felt energized and ready to make changes! The coaches at Ama La Vida genuinely care about your future and will do everything in their power to get you where you want to be. I highly recommend Ama La Vida – you will NOT regret it.