FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What is coaching?
- I’m looking for someone to tell me what to do. Will a coach do this for me?
- How do I know if ALV is right for me?
- What makes working with ALV different?
- What should I look for in a coach?
- What decisions do I need to make when enrolling in ALV coaching?
- What’s included in a coaching membership?
- Are my coaching sessions in person?
- Can I switch coaches?
- How do I cancel my membership?
- How do payments work?
- What is your session cancellation policy?
- Is there a time commitment length for ALV coaching memberships?
- Do you offer refunds?
What is coaching?
Great Question! Coaching is a powerful, yet often misunderstood profession. Coaching is about empowerment. It is about helping you arrive at your own insights and discoveries. It is about listening and understanding. It is about support and accountability. Coaching is about you and helping you achieve your goals. When you have a coach, you have a dedicated partner throughout the ups and downs. No bias. No judgment. Simply support. Your coach will empower you to positively transform your own life in new and unexpected ways. However, coaching is not like having a mentor or a therapist. This blog post explains what makes coaching unique from these other professional services.
I’m looking for someone to tell me what to do, will a coach do this?
The short answer: No. The longer answer: The fundamental belief of coaching is that you are the best person to make decisions about your life, and that when you decide to pursue a course of action, you are more likely to remain committed to it. We are here to help bring clarity to those decisions and to hold you accountable to them. Your coach is there to listen, guide, encourage and offer suggestions and feedback. Your coach will not lie or hold back, but they also cannot do the work for you. Because of this, coaching can be challenging and confronting, but that is exactly why it is also transformative. If you come with an open mind and prepared to do some deep exploration, your coach will be an irreplaceable ally to help you achieve your goals.
How do I know if
ALV is right for me?
We’re as public and transparent as we can be, so there are many ways to get to know us better and determine if we’re the right fit for you. We have a public blog that our coaches contribute to and our team page so you can learn more about our individual coaches. We’re active on many social media platforms like Instagram and LinkedIn and we host free virtual events multiple times per month. And of course, we’re happy to speak with you absolutely free and just have a conversation so you can ask all the questions you like. You want your coaching relationship to be the right one, so please feel free to get to know us – and we hope to get to know you!
What makes working with ALV different?
We do things differently from other coaches in almost every way! Here are some of the main ways we differentiate ourselves.
We utilize proven coaching methodologies and have developed proprietary coaching curriculums in our eCoaching platform to support our clients throughout their work with us. This hybrid approach of one-on-one coaching sessions and modules in our software ensures you maximize your time with your coach and makes coaching more affordable and results-oriented than ever before.
Though we have proven processes and structured programming, we know that each person is unique, and your coaching journey will be different from anyone else’s. We call it “freedom within a framework.” The process is here to provide structure and accountability and has been put in place over years of experience. However, what happens within each engagement and each coaching session must be tailored to you, your goals and your unique learning style.
Coaching continues to increase in popularity as an effective tool for individuals and organizations to increase clarity and create sustainable change. As the industry grows, it has become increasingly difficult to understand the qualifications and effectiveness of the many coaches out there. Coaching is an unregulated industry, meaning anyone can legally call themselves a coach with little or no coaching training. We require that our coaches have completed an ICF accreditedcoach training program before applying to work at Ama La Vida. From there, they undergo rigorous training to learn our proprietary methodologies, processes and technology.
Team & Community
Most coaches are sole proprietors which means if you select that company to work with, you only get the experience that one coach brings. Ama La Vida has a team of coaches and an intelligently designed matching process to ensure you are paired with the right coach for your goals and personality. While you’re working with the right coach for you, our full team of experts is here in the background providing support and resources to your coach and opening up their networks to you as a client. You’ll also have access to our full client community of thousands of ALVers.
Women Owned & Operated
Though we do not work exclusively with women, we are passionate about supporting women to achieve fulfillment and success on their own terms. We are proud to be a women-owned business, and we take pride in being a choice employer for women. We take pride in the diversity our team brings and the fact that we have been leading pro-bono initiatives to support the local community since Ama La Vida’s inception.
If you’re interested in learning the other things that make Ama La Vida different you should also read this blog post.
What should I look for in a coach?
These are 9 key things to evaluate when seeking a coach:
- First, make sure a coach is actually what you want and need.
- Assess their training, certification and experience.
- Evaluate their coaching style.
- Ask about their coaching methodologies and tools.
- Figure out what it will cost.
- Do a consultation to try the relationship on for size.
- Determine their availability.
- Learn more about their successes and results.
- Evaluate what the experience has been like so far interacting with them.
If you’re looking for more details, we encourage you to read this blog post.
What decisions do I need to make when enrolling in ALV coaching?
This is a very simple process. There are 3 important decisions you’ll make when enrolling in coaching with us:
- Your coaching track. This is the overarching category of coaching that is your primary focus area (e.g., career, leadership, health, life). While you’ll choose a focus area so you can prioritize your goals and time with your coach, you will have access to ALL of our coaching content and modules across every single track. Your coach will work with you to weave in goals from other tracks and will assign you relevant modules as it makes sense throughout your coaching journey.
- The coach you want to work with. We have a phenomenal team of certified coaches, and each coach brings a unique style and personality. You can reach our coaches’ bios here to choose the one that best aligns with you, your values and your goals.
- Your coaching frequency. You can meet with your coach two or four times each month depending on your goals, availability and budget.
If you are looking for more support finding the right coach or coaching approach for you, we recommend booking in some time with a Relationship Strategist on our team!
What’s included in a coaching membership?
With a coaching membership you will:
- Work with your coach one-on-one either 2 or 4 times per month
- Have access to our full suite of eCocahing programs and tools
- Get exposure to our full coaching team and be able to work with different coaches for different goals
- Be invited to a private and exclusive Slack channel for members only
- Have free access to all events including ALV members only events
- Have access to exclusive giveaways
Are my coaching sessions in person?
Typically no. We use the video conferencing platform, Zoom, for the vast majority of our coaching sessions. With this, you will be able to have face to face interaction with your coach as if it were in person but the flexibility to take the session wherever you are. This also allows us to pair you with the coach based on your needs and not necessarily your geographical location.
Can I switch coaches?
We’re confident that because you’re here reading this, you’re exactly the kind of person we love to work with: someone who is driven and has a big vision for their life. So, we have no doubt that you and the fantastic coach you’ll be paired with will get along just fine. However, if you’re looking for a coach with a different style, we’re happy to transfer to another coach on our team to ensure you will get the most out of your coaching. You can also work with a different coach on our team for just a single session or a few sessions if you have a particular goal in mind that another coach is better suited for. Please reach out to your Client Success Specialist if you have any questions or concerns about your coaching experience.
How do I cancel my membership?
We require a 30-day written notice in order to best transition you out of coaching. Please fill out this form to submit your 30-day notice, and your Client Success Specialist will reach out to discuss it with you. We will miss you!
How do payments work?
Our website works just like any e-commerce site. You simply add a membership to your cart and proceed through a checkout process where you’ll enter your credit card details. You can either pay for your membership on a monthly basis or you can opt to pay up front for a full year and receive a 10% discount.
What is your session cancellation policy?
We require that you give your coach a 24-hour notice about missing a scheduled session. Our coaches’ calendars book up quickly, and they are holding that time that could have gone to another client, so we ask the courtesy of a 24-hour heads up if a session will be missed or rescheduled. If less than 24-hour’s notice is given or if you don’t show up to a session, you will be charged for that session.
*If there is an emergency, it is at your coach’s discretion whether to charge a session or not.
Is there a time commitment length for ALV coaching memberships?
Although we suggest at least 6 sessions with your coach to see results, that is not a mandatory requirement. We simply require that you provide 30 day’s notice if/when you decide to cancel.
Do you offer refunds?
We do not provide refunds. You always have the option to select a pay as you go membership versus the annual up-front payment. If you ever have unused sessions you may gift them to a friend or family member.