Strengths-Based Coaching for Managers and Teams, CliftonStregths
Grow Coaching Certification, Boeing
Coaching Immersion Training, Boeing
Masters Business Administration, University of Phoenix
Bachelors of Arts Marketing, Washington State University
In 2005, at the age of 25, I was fired from my dream job. At the time I was angry, now of course, I’m thankful as it led me to where I am today. This opened an opportunity for me to start my career at Boeing. I got a job interview and at the interview they offered me a job on the spot. I was promoted in three months then again 1 year later. I was at a mid-career level by age 27, I was killing it. Next I skipped a level and went into a management training program for those with leadership potential. I did one year in the program then took a 25% pay raise and a new management title. Over the following few years I held a variety of managerial roles in a variety of locations.
Then I stalled.
I took a job that only had a team of 3 and very little work for me to do outside of leading the team. I was bored and frustrated. After 1.5 years in this role and no other opportunities on the horizon, I decided it was time to go down (out of management) in order to prime me for another opportunity to go up. I ended up pursuing the subject matter expert path and quickly became the leader I wanted to be. I got to work with high performing teams and people. I got to recruit and hire top talent into our development programs.
I got to coach. I loved every minute of it.
Then things changed. I had my one and only child, my daughter, Grace, in 2014. I took 6 months off and priorities for both my husband and I changed significantly. And with bad (or maybe good) timing both of our jobs changed almost overnight. I was put into a new role that was not my skill set or interest. Soon after this, my husband was told he’d be on night shift permanently. With high priorities on managing our family life and protecting our family time, These changes were not okay for us. Something had to shift.
We went on vacation to Costa Rica.
I will spare you the details, but the gist was it had a huge impact on us and we decided to start living OUR lives, not a version of what we thought we should be doing. 6 months later, In 2015 I decided to leave my decade long Boeing career behind and we uprooted to find our way back to Costa Rica. We lived the adventure of a lifetime and spent a year exploring, relaxing, surfing, cooking, eating tropical fruit, playing and growing together. During this time, I started my journey as a leadership coach. Upon our return from Costa Rica, we continued to explore, traveling the states and spending two months in Nice, France. Today we are living in Houston, TX and homeschooling our daughter as she enters 1st grade. Together we enjoy family bike rides, painting and hiding rocks, cooking, and family game nights!
Welcome to leadership!
You were likely given management training but likely not leadership. You know how to do the tactical pieces of the job, sign off time, write development goals, avoid legal or union issues, etc but you’re lacking in the strategic part of the job. You’d like to upgrade your leadership skills to have an impact on the strategic part of your role. You want to see happy teams, increased morale, engagement, accountability and overall growth of future leaders.
As a leader you want to love what you do, and feel like you are making a difference and an impact.
I work with those that want to improve their leadership skills. I Upgrade leaders to create a better world through personalized strength-based coaching.
You might be:
- Reaching for c-suite
- Recently promoted to a higher level of management
- New to management
- A team lead
- Or even striving to grow into a leadership role
I take a strategic approach to my leadership coaching.
Assess where you’re currently at and spend time understanding your current strengths and areas of opportunity. We dig in deep and uncover anything that needs to be worked on.
Discover what is going on and write the appropriate goals to get where you want to go. We ensure your current goals are in alignment with strengths, opportunities and your vision of the future.
Implement and execute to your goals and vision. We try different tools, resources and processes for your unique situation. We test out what will work and solidify a strategic approach that is right for you.
Transition you into the future. We ensure that you are ready and able to move forward and continue to upgrade your leadership through performance and execution of your strategic vision.
When you work with me, tactically you will receive:
- Powerful 1:1 coaching time
- Documentation of your journey and your progress
- Access to our eCoaching leadership modules that replicate the coaching experience
- A deep dive into your personal strengths & how to leverage them as a leader
- Client only trainings & webinars
- Tools and resources customized for you
- My suite of team building resources
As a coach my strengths are I’m a:
- Maximizer! I’m always looking for the strengths in others and want to help them leverage those skills to become better.
- Cheerleader to my clients. I like to both celebrate them but also encourage them to celebrate themselves.
- Challenger, I like to apply the right level of pressure to get clients thinking outside of what they are comfortable with.
- Analytical and organized person. You will benefit from my structure as I ensure you always have what you need to keep moving forward.
- Consultant I provide the perfect level of consultation with my coaching to help clients grow quickly and effectively.
- Empathetic person. I will listen deeply and give you a space to be heard and validated.
- Experienced coach. Not only do I have the training but more importantly I have thousands of hours of coaching time under my belt. I’ve worked with clients from all walks of life, industries, and experience levels.
- Servant leader. I believe firmly in serving others, humbly accepting praise and learning from those with all levels of background and experience.