We all knew a viral pandemic might happen. Most of us binge-watch zombie movies six nights a week forgetting about our troubles in the real world, but we forget to get ready for the real thing. Now we’re living in a lockdown due to a terrible virus.
This article is about taking powerful steps to lead yourself through uncertain and tough times without losing your mind. In fact, by the time you’re done reading this short article, you’ll see the power of your mindset as a useful process to get through anything, including a pandemic.
Know That Opportunities Exist
There are always opportunities no matter what’s taking place around us. Whether or not you see opportunities and the new potential it’s important to note that many others only see the darkness. Darkness is simply the absence of light! You get to be the light whenever you choose to be conscious and bright with your outlook about your current situation and future. I can’t encourage you enough to be your own light!
The bottom line to leading a rich, happy, healthy life during times of uncertainty, including viral pandemics and other bad stuff when life and work happen to us is that: You have to plan and work daily on the process of building a happier, healthier, wealthier life based on your goals.
It’s also not possible to be happy if you always put being happy in front of you. Being happy means choosing to accept what is, knowing you can improve any situation if you are willing and patient. It’s important to learn how to be content with what is happening now, while you acquire the wisdom, experience, and talent to get to the next level. First, learn to be with the world instead of trying to change.
The power of life planning as a process is essential for success. If you won’t plan your career and life, who will? Now is a great time to evaluate where you, and what’s next.
In order to get where you seek to go, you need to answer a few questions.
- What’s most important to you in terms of your big, next goal?
- How confident and clear are you on how to get there?
- Where do you need the most help?
Now Is the Time To Take Action
Now is now, and it’s always the best time to be where you are. If there’s a pandemic taking place, use your downtime to reevaluate your plan of action and goals. When times are tough, most people fall into fear and inaction. I recommend using this time to take advantage of the downtime, and refresh your plan to build a better career and life.
All you need to do is follow these suggested steps, including being coachable. It’s okay to ask for help if you need it. In fact, you can click here and book in a free call with us to help you develop your dream career.
Okay, onto my tips to lead yourself during uncertainty!
- Get a grip. This means stand your ground, breath deeply, and stabilize yourself. You reinforce your foundation when you take a moment to reset and get your grip during tough times.
- Focus on the present, the here and the now. Do your best not to take a head trip into the future. Emotions can be powerful waves that sweep us into action that we later regret. Slow down! Focus on and cherish only the present.
- Remember your purpose. When you know your purpose, you can endure almost any situation no matter how challenging it is. Humans, each and every one of us included, can be extremely resilient when thinking and acting in alignment with our purpose. If you don’t know your purpose, that’s where coaching comes in!
- Take charge. Nobody cares more about you than you, hopefully. This means you have to be willing to take charge of your mindset, and your own thinking.
- Practice healthy habits. This is easier said than done for many of us. But the truth is, what you feed your mind, brain, and body makes all the difference. As within, so without. The same is true for the people you hang around. Choose healthy habits that give you energy in place of habits and behaviors that drain you.
- Network like your life depends on it. Don’t be tempted to isolate and get stuck in negative thought patterns that show up. Even if you’re stuck at home, choose to network like you would in the real world. Meet people online, and build relationships with people who have been where you’re going, and those who you might be able to help, including going to work with them.
- Be of service to others. If you’re bummed out about your situation, go help someone else. If you’re stuck inside, find someone online to help, or someone who lives in your home! This is a powerful step because helping others is part of human nature. That’s why it feels good to give to charity, donate your time, and help others.
- See and think about the big picture, your long-term goal. Remember, each step you take will get you close to the goal, and it’s the process you embrace that makes all the difference. Along the way, you’ll see, feel, and learn to trust the long-term goal in your life.
- Be coachable. If you’re not accountable to a coach you pay, or a mentor you admire and trust who can lead you to the goal? Not a single world champion or leader in their field achieved their dream on their own. All successful people have teachers, trainers, mentors, and coaches. Successful people are constantly learning, focused on taking new classes, getting advanced degrees, and making a difference in the world.
It’s okay if you don’t feel better yet. My hope is that you realize these are the most powerful processes for achieving the work and life of your dreams. If you don’t absolutely love your career and your life, maybe it’s time to connect with us.
If you’re ready to take your career and life plan to new levels, follow the process we’ve given you, and never stop getting better each step of the way. Be like water and go with the ebb and flow of life.
Last but not least, if you feel like you could use a free consult, we’re here for you. All you need to do is click here to schedule your free, 30-minute consultation. Thanks for reading this article. We always appreciate your comments and questions. If you’re eager to learn more, click here to contact us.
Latest posts by Cliff Jones (see all)
- 9 Ways to Lead Yourself During Times of Uncertainty - May 12, 2020
- The Three Most Powerful Virtues for Leaders During Tough Times - April 1, 2020
- 9 Habits for Transforming Your Career Now - March 24, 2020